Brymor are proud to have an in-house Small Works Division which is headed up by Graham Hill, our Operations Director.
The department has the ability to carry out projects, quite literally, from anything as small as replacing a tap washer to major refurbishments worth hundreds of thousands of pounds.
We are proud to have a dedicated direct labour force and trusted supply chain of smaller subcontractors who help us to uphold our company ethos ‘Building Excellence’ and ensure all works are carried out to Brymor’s high expectations and standards. Amongst this labour force are working foremen and site managers who not only carry out the work but ensure that full QUENSH systems are enforced no matter how small the project.
All types of work are carried out in all areas from theatres to sports halls, canteens and accommodation, in both occupied and non-occupied premises.
Examples of our client base include:
The Small Works Division is able to offer:
- Fully experienced and qualified dedicated direct labour
- Labourers who all have full up-to-date health & safety and CSCS cards
- A 24 hour response service covering all trades
- Fully equipped vans to deal with any call-out to complete the job there and then
- Currently achieving 98% on KPI’s
"We selected Brymor’s small works division on the basis of their competitive tender and references received. The work was completed to a good standard of workmanship, and importantly, both within the agreed timescale and to budget. Both we, and the landlord were fully satisfied with the works, and I have every intention of employing Brymor on other contracts." Richard Stileman, Head of Estates, The Co-operative
Graham Hill - Operations Director / Small Works
Graham joined the company in 1997 as a part-time surveyor and has progressed through the company to the position of Operations Director for our specialist small works division.
His responsibilities include the management of surveyors, site agents and admin staff for all works on various MTC and small works contracts. He liaises with clients on a day to day basis and ensures that their requirements are correctly interpreted, develops our supply chain with the procurement department, monitors contract performance and co-ordination, implements / monitors KPI’s, develops open book accounting with our company accountant and attends various client / tenant meetings.
Graham also assists our clients to develop scheme designs as well as offering cost savings and budgetary advice.
Daniel James - Assistant Small Works Manager
Dan joined the company in 2010 having managed smaller projects and refurbishments for another major contractor.
He now assists our Operations Director, Graham Hill, to manage all aspects of the small works department, from small works to term contracts with particular emphasis on commercial management, establishing clients’ needs, pricing, procuring and managing customer accounts.
With a background in a range of skilled trades, Dan has the practical ability to recommend a course of action to clients from all backgrounds and ensure this is carried out to a high standard.
- Responsive and Planned Maintenance and Repairs to various MOD Buildings at AGCm Worthy Down for Pride - Ongoing
- Reserve Contractor for Southern Housing Group IOW Properties, Planned Maintenance - Ongoing
- Decent Homes Contract for First Wessex Property (3yrs)- £2.25m
- Measured Term Contract for Interserve (5yrs) - £5.4m
- Ealing and Newham Council Decent Homes Programme for Connaught (1yr) - £2.3m
- Refurbishment of existing Woolworths Store into Poundland - £350k
- Refurbishment of Offices, Manor Court, Segensworth (7wks) - £75k
- Toilet Refurbishment, Kaneshill School, Southampton (3wks) – £21k
- Removal and Replacement of Canopies, IOW (6wks) - £24k
- Refurbishment of Shops, Greywell Shopping Centre, Leigh Park (6wks) - £45k
- Refurbishment to existing ponds at Ocean Village, Southampton (9wks) - £65k