Applicants must have a Right to Work in the UK.
Managing Quantity Surveyor
We are currently looking for an experienced Managing Quantity Surveyor to work within our construction division. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will effectively take a lead role in achieving the set objectives for the project, whilst maximising profit and fostering a positive working relationship with the client and project team.
Key responsibilities include:
- To work closely with the departmental leader to report on live work and develop new business opportunities
- To lead the Commercial Team and contribute to achieving the appropriate commercial result through the provision of accurate financial reporting
- Oversee the administration of our obligations under the contract in respect of requisite notices
- Optimisation of Project Margins through preparation of Commercial Strategies
- Understand fully the customer’s needs and ensure effective relationships are built and maintained by consistently high customer service and on site delivery
As the successful candidate, you will need to have relevant main contractor experience with sound technical knowledge. You will also need a good understanding of Health and Safety, Procurement, Planning and Programming procedures and be able to demonstrate excellent commercial awareness.
Using your strong communication and negotiation skills, you will be able to solve problems effectively and have the drive and ambition to successfully deliver a high quality service.
A minimum of a Higher Education Qualification in Quantity Surveying or construction as well as CSCS registered. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project is desirable.
A vacancy has arisen for an Estimator to join the Preconstruction Department. Reporting to the Pre-construction Director, you will produce accurate estimates on time for adjudication and to negotiate successful tenders through to hand-over with the delivery teams, to enable the Company to fulfil its business objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and assessing the tender documentation and requirements to enable production of successful tenders
- Producing accurate net estimates with full breakdowns for adjudication.
- Identifying and report on risk and opportunity/scope
- Making sure that tenders take in to account health and safety, quality and environmental legislation as well as compliant with Brymor policies and procedures
- Seeking value engineering and advantage through tender process
- Selecting suppliers / sub-contractors from the approved list and obtain quotations on a like for like basis
- Maintaining communications and consult with the selected suppliers / sub-contractors during the tender period
- Attending mid-tender meetings with client / professional team and carry out site surveys/visits as required
To support us in our recruitment requirements, we do utilise agencies, however this is limited to our existing ‘preferred supplier list’ for more information on this, please contact email@example.com
If you would like to apply for the positions above, please send an up-to-date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org